Home   Sport   Article

Hares Reserves beat Lilies to reach final

S Tech League Ladies - March Town 1 Wisbech Town 0 8NdK-cSGTCoznpGWiOOS
S Tech League Ladies - March Town 1 Wisbech Town 0 8NdK-cSGTCoznpGWiOOS

Chatteris 0

March Reserves 3

March Reserves won at Chatteris to reach the final of the North Cambs Junior Cup.

Goals from Adam Conyard, Luke Pepper and Jermaine Watson set up a final with Wisbech St Mary.

The Hares’ first team lost at Woodbridge despite a stirring second half comeback in Thurlow Nunn League Division One.

March were 3-0 down inside 32 minutes but in an improved performance Kieran Evans and Matthew Barber replied for the Hares.

March: D.Beeny, Hearn, Mattless, Jackson, Jackman, Cox, McManus, Merryweather, K.Evans, Odain, Barber. Subs: Woods, S.Beeny. Brady.

Attendance: 82.

March next weekend host Needham Market Res.

S Tech League Ladies

March Town 1 Wisbech Town 0

TheHares won a closely fought game against local rivals Wisbech Town.

Playing into the wind, March Town created the early chances and went 1-0 up on 30 mins, when Shannon Kelly put through Adele Munday to lob the advancing keeper.

The second half was keenly contested with chances falling to both teams, with the Hares going second and three points clear of the chasing pack.

Hares PoM: Charley Miller.

Cambs League

Lakenheath Casuals 0

Upwell 4

Upwell closed the gap on the top three with a convincing away win.

Jake Gent netted inside the first two minutes, before turning provider for both of Jack Watson’s goals. In the second half substitute striker Aiden Rouse netted a minute before time after Mario Santos unselfishly cut the ball back.

Upwell manager, Karl Schultz, said: “With West Row and The Eagle dropping points today and Barley Mow not having a league game we were able to catch up.

“We have 8 games in hand over West Row (5 points behind) and five in hand over The Eagle (6 points behind).

“We just need to remain focused and the results will come.”

Next weekend Upwell host Whittlesford United Reserves in the John Ablett semi-final and are hoping to drum up a big crowd for the 1:45 KO.

Upwell Reserves lost their first game of 2016 after going down 2-0 to Chatteris Town B who worked hard to get the result.

Marchester Utd 2 Guyhirn 3

Marchester Utd found themselves 2-0 down inside the first 15 minutes against the league leaders and title favourites but pulled one back before half-time with a goal from striker Eddy Pentney.

In the second half United created several good chances but were denied by the Guyhirn keeper. Midway through the half Pentney levelled, but Guyhirn restored their lead.

Manager Brian Symonds felt the first 15 minutes cost them dearly.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More