ECB countrywide initiative where volunteers help to prepare club facilities for new season
March Town Cricket Club are hoping to carry out prior to the start of the new season a revamp of the ground in an ECB countrywide initiative called “Cricket-Force” sponsored by the NatWest bank.
This will take place between 9am and 4pm on Saturday.
It is an ECB initiative where players, members and volunteers help to prepare club facilities for the new season.
This year jobs will be completed on a high to low priority. Some jobs must be completed on the day and the others before the season starts on Saturday, April 13.
All help would be gratefully received, even just a couple of hours during the morning.
Volunteers are requested to come in old clothes and bring a large paint brush and rake.
All helpers will receive free tea, coffee and lunch.
Jobs to be completed include:-
1. Put the plastic sheets onto the roll on covers.
2. Clear debris from around the ground & roll the outfield.
3. Repair & creosote the tool shed.
4. Get boundary rope out and placed around the ground ready for use.
5. Prepare the double bay nets and score-box for the new season.
6. Clean out dykes and replace & repair the fencing.
7. Complete an inventory of the kit store.
8. Stain the driveway fence & spectator seats.