Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Man needed medical treatment after Wisbech flat fire



More news, no ads

LEARN MORE


A man had to be treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at his flat in Wisbech on Boxing Day.

At 10.21pm on Sunday (26) crews from Wisbech and March, along with crews from West Walton and Outwell in Norfolk, were called to a fire on Awdry Drive in Wisbech.

Firefighters arrived to find a well-developed fire in a first floor flat in a mid-terraced building. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 1.15am.

Firefighters used a hose reel to tackle the flat fire.
Firefighters used a hose reel to tackle the flat fire.

A male casualty was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene and left in the care of ambulance crews.

The cause of the fire was accidental.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More